Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mommy Speeds Home From Work


I race to my car at the end of the day and if you thought I was a fast walker before you should see me at 4:30. Then all the other cars on the road need to move over because I am on my way to see my baby girl! I run into the house and there she is. Libby smiles when I smile at her. She coos and tells me all about her day with intensity like I might understand. Until all too easily she gets distracted by the ceiling fan and gazes in wonder. Speaking of looking in wonder, did you know hands were so intriguing. She will stare and then reach for things and think, wow how did I do that? She then hears music from the Baby Einstein frog and smiles again. She arches her back toward me, like she is thinking oh hurry and pick me up mommy. I am all too happy to scoop her up and snuggle her close to me. Then I look into her big blue eyes and stand her in front of me and delight in this child of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment